[SI-LIST] Differential mode impedance of common mode filter

  • From: 李晖 <lihuizju@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 20:11:43 +0800

Hi All:
    I have a spec of Onsemi's EMI4182 common mode filter. There's a figure
which depicts its common and differential mode impedance vs Frequency. I'm
confused with it, why the differential mode impedance varies with
frequency? Please recommend some articles or books which can help to
clarify it. I know discontinuous impedance will induce refection of input
signal, if the input signal are the digital clocks of MIPI whose working
frequency is 500Mhz but its band width would be several GHz, dose it mean
the reflection of this signal is inevitable?
    In such scenario, how to choose an appropriate common mode filter?
    Yours.

 \\\|///
\\ - - //
( @ @ )