[SI-LIST] Design of Experiments

  • From: "Timothy Coyle" <tim.coyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 12:28:41 -0500

Hi,
I've been using Design of Experiments methodology for a while now to analyze
interfaces that can have a lot of variables like DDR2/3. However I'm finding
that a lot of engineers are uncomfortable with the statistics in terms of
setting up the experiments and understanding the results. So I'm looking for
some resources on any of the following topics:

DOE Theory and Reference Material

Textbook references are good but anything "shorter" like white paper, app
notes, etc. on basic DOE would be good. For example for busy engineers what
would you recommend as the best primer to get up to speed?

SI Related

While I have a few Designcon papers that mention DOE use for SI analysis I
would still like to find some more references and/or examples.

Software

I've used JMP a lot in the past for DOE analysis and even some Excel
plug-ins but any suggestions on good tool flows I would be interested to
hear about.

Also feel free to chime in on your experiences using DOE type analysis for
SI work and what you like and don't like.

Thanks,

Timothy Coyle

President

Signal Consulting Group LLC