[SI-LIST] Re: Decoupling Cap. Strategies.

  • From: Zhangkun <zhang_kun@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kedar.apte@xxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:46:58 +0800

Dear Kedar

The following is my advice.

1.up to 150MHz
    The decoupling capacitor is important. The fanout should be careful. Via in
pad is very good. However we seldom use this kind of technique. I think the
separation between the two vias should be cared because it will determine the
ESL.

2.150MHz to 500MHz
    Maybe the embedded caps should be applied. The anti-resonance between the
discrete caps and embedded caps should be cared. In our boards, there is the
similar situation, that at some frequency, the noise in embedded PCB is larger
than that in the common PCB.

3.above 500MHz
    There is nothing to do with the PCB:(

Hope this is helpful.