[SI-LIST] Re: Copper plating

  • From: "Istvan Nagy" <buenoshun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dbrooks9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "SI" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 16:47:52 -0800

Hi,

I am not a fabricator but a hw designer.
The typical plating thickness varies fab to fab, so you should decide which
companies to work with, then get their data. You should contact each of them
one by one in person.

In the past I inquired about this with some (I don't remember) company, and
they told me:
For fine line lithography (4mil traces typical for high density digital
boards) they need to use 17um copper on outer layers, and the total
thickness after plating will be 25um (another company 30um). Convert it to
mils if you like.

Regards,
Istvan Nagy
Fortinet