[SI-LIST] Class on Gigabit design at PCB East

  • From: "Scott McMorrow" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 13:37:58 -0700

FYI,

I will be at PCB East on Friday October 18th teaching the following
full-day tutorial:

** T5
SI at Gigabit Speeds: Keeping the Performance Up from Chip to Backplane
Speaker: Scott McMorrow
<http://www.pcbeast.com/speakers/index.html#mcmorrow>
Prerequisite: A working knowledge of electronics theory and/or PCB
design principles.**

*At Gigabit speeds, good signal integrity and PCB routing become crucial
to successful designs. This full-day course will expand on the basics of
signal integrity engineering and routing to show the steps necessary for
designing high-performance differential I/O card and backplane systems.
Topics will include: material selection; board stack-up for impedance
control; choices in differential signaling and routing; connectors and
pin assignments; backplane design for speed; vias and stubs; along with
routing and layer assignments. This course will emphasize practical
examples based upon some advanced technical information. Attendees
should understand the basics of signal integrity, impedance control and
differential signaling.*

To enroll, visit the PCB East conference web site:

http://www.pcbeast.com

regards to all,

scott

--