[SI-LIST] Re: Causality test

  • From: Chris Cheng <Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Luciano Boglione <l.boglione@xxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 17:39:09 -0700

In theory, one can examine how close the measured/simulated S-parameters are
causal by testing the Kramers-Kronig relationships by performing Hilbert
transformation between the complex components. Even if the S-parameters are
bandwidth limited, one can extrapolate below the lower limit to DC and do the
Hilbert transform to get the approximate extension. Doing the Cauchy principal
value integral is non-trivial. I asked for a reference a while ago and some of
the reference quoted does not work out well. You will lost some of the high
limit data but that can be minimized by your sampling points.
HTH,
Chris