[SI-LIST] Re: Capacitors UNDER a BGA??

  • From: "Grasso, Charles" <Charles.Grasso@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'cadpro2k@xxxxxxxxxx'" <cadpro2k@xxxxxxxxxx>,si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 12:55:22 -0700

As the original poster I fell I need to explain
the reason for the question. We have currently
a BGA running SDRAM at 133MHz on a two layer
board. Clearly, the placement of the decoupling
capacitor is of critical importance. We have data
that shows that in the preferred location the
Vcc ripple is below 60mV.

Thanks to all who replied..

Best Regards
Charles Grasso