[SI-LIST] Asymmetric Coupled Stripline

  • From: Ken Taylor <kentaylor.usa@xxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:36:52 -0700

Hello Si List,
Does the term "asymmetric coupled stripline" mean anything to anyone?

The structure in question consists of
-- a solid copper layer
-- edge coupled pair with coplanar ground tracks on the outsides
-- another identical edge coupled pair with coplanar ground tracks on the
outsides, right above the first pair as if broadside coupled
-- solid copper layer

I have come across this configuration twice during this week. Once, the
track pairs were connected at each end (upper "left" to lower "left", etc.)
and in the second case the pairs are not connected at all.

I realize this is half a question but if anyone recognizes anything here,
or has the time and energy to speculate, I'll be grateful to receive your
input on or off list.

Many thanks for reading,
Ken

Ken Taylor