[SI-LIST] AW: flex PCB and impedance

  • From: "Havermann, Gert" <Gert.Havermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pietrov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pietrov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 06:15:52 +0000

Hi Pietro,
you get best flexibility with a single Layer Flex, thus try coplanar coupled
traces. Instead of a full plane you can also use traces underneath the signal
trace as the return current will only take this path. the remaining area can be
crosshatched or even left empty if the transition to the Flex PCB is well
designed.

BR
Gert

Absender ist HARTING Electronics GmbH, Marienwerderstraße 3, D-32339 Espelkamp;
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bad Oeynhausen; Register-Nr.: HRB 8808;
Vertretungsberechtigte Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Kfm. Edgar-Peter Düning,
Dipl.-Ing. Torsten Ratzmann, Dipl.-Wirtschaftsing. Ralf Martin Klein,
Dipl.-Ing. Uwe Gräff