[SI-LIST] AW: Re: S-parameter file for Pico-Probe

  • From: "Havermann, Gert" <Gert.Havermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Moreira, Jose" <jose.moreira@xxxxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 15:38:56 +0100

Most VNAs have a "adapter characterization" function. You simply calibrate to
the coax, then connect the probe and measure the Probe cal standards (CS-11?).
Then the VNA calculates the S-Parameters of the probe. Depending on the VNA you
will have direct access to that data, or it is stored somewhere to be used
internally for further processing. You should ask the support people if that
feature is build into your VNA.

BR
Gert

Absender ist HARTING Electronics GmbH & Co. KG; Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Espelkamp; Registergericht: Bad Oeynhausen; Register-Nr.: HRA 5596; persönlich
haftende Gesellschafterin: HARTING Electronics Management GmbH; Sitz der
Komplementär-GmbH: Espelkamp; Registergericht der Komplementär-GmbH: Bad
Oeynhausen; Register-Nr. der Komplementär-GmbH: HRB 8808; Geschäftsführer:
Torsten Ratzmann