[SI-LIST] AW: Re: Reduction of crosstalk by using stitching vias between traces

  • From: "Havermann, Gert" <Gert.Havermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pehr Andersson" <andersson.pehr@xxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Rick Brooks (ricbrook)" <ricbrook@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 13:49:35 +0000

Pelle,

the effect is minimal. I'd guess, that you will reduce the x-talk of the
microstrip by 2%,  and the stripline by 1% (attention: I'm talking about total
reduction. I'm not saying stitching brings you down to 1% x-talk!!!).

Just for reference, 4 mil of additional separation between the differential
pairs gives you approx, 5-10dB lower crosstalk (5dB microstrip, 10dB stripline
depending on the topology). Having a separation of >3x the tracewidth in
stripline already gives you approx 30dB isolation (2% x-talk).

Distance is much more effective for isolation than stitching vias.

BR
Gert

Absender ist HARTING Electronics GmbH & Co. KG; Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Espelkamp; Registergericht: Bad Oeynhausen; Register-Nr.: HRA 5596; persönlich
haftende Gesellschafterin: HARTING Electronics Management GmbH; Sitz der
Komplementär-GmbH: Espelkamp; Registergericht der Komplementär-GmbH: Bad
Oeynhausen; Register-Nr. der Komplementär-GmbH: HRB 8808; Geschäftsführer:
Edgar-Peter Duening, Torsten Ratzmann, Dr. Alexander Rost