[SI-LIST] AW: How to convert S parameter to TDR waveform?

  • From: "Havermann, Gert" <Gert.Havermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fangod <fangod@xxxxxxx>, si-list <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 11:37:57 +0200

Hi Fangood,

if you have ADS, use the TDR function in the Data Display. It's a mathematical
function that fouriers and windows the data to get a step or impulse response.
The data can be displayed in Impedance profile directly.
You can put the function as EQN into the data display, or put it directly into
the trace expression (that's my favorite way).
Just double-Click on a trace and click on "functions help". Then click
"Measurement expression Functions" and browse for "TDR".

BR
Gert

Absender ist HARTING Electronics GmbH & Co. KG; Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Espelkamp; Registergericht: Bad Oeynhausen; Register-Nr.: HRA 5596; persönlich
haftende Gesellschafterin: HARTING Electronics Management GmbH; Sitz der
Komplementär-GmbH: Espelkamp; Registergericht der Komplementär-GmbH: Bad
Oeynhausen; Register-Nr. der Komplementär-GmbH: HRB 8808; Geschäftsführer:
Edgar-Peter Duening, Torsten Ratzmann, Dr. Alexander Rost