[SI-LIST] Re: AFR

  • From: "Yuriy Shlepnev" <shlepnev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jim.nadolny@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Jeremy Buan'" <jeremybuan10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2015 14:57:12 -0800

Hi Jim,

Just wanted to mentioned that we have recently extended the GMS-parameters
algorithm (already mentioned by Scott and Al) from just material identification
to complete de-embedding of test fixtures. The algorithm is deterministic (no
optimization) and produces causal S-parameters if some conditions are
satisfied. It is a hybrid of the S-parameters bifurcation and the
measurement-based modeling (aka jitter decomposition).  As in the case of the
material identification, it requires S-parameters measured for two t-line
segments with different lengths and nearly identical launches and
cross-sections (t-line type and impedance does not matter). It extracts
S-parameters of the launch + t-line segment with adjustable length that can be
then subtracted from a multiport with DUT and test fixtures with nearly
identical connectors, launches and t-lines. So far we have tested the GMS
algorithm on the Channel Modeling Platform CMP-28 from Wild River Technology.
The results are promising - the useful bandwidth of the de-embedded models was
40-45 GHz (causality quality estimated with the rational approximation was over
98%). This is mostly due to good identity of the connectors and launches on
CMP-28 platform, high quality of the measured S-parameters, and special way to
handle the t-line segments.
I will demonstrate some examples at the DesignCon session VS32: J. Mallon, Y.
Shlepnev, "S-parameter Quality Metrics and Analysis to Measurement Correlation"
on January 29 at 11 AM - here is schedule
http://www.designcon.com/santaclara/scheduler/list - everyone with the Exhibit
Pass can attend. I will also demonstrate the de-embedding with GMS-parameters
at Simberian's booth #423.

Happy New Year to All!
Yuriy

Yuriy Shlepnev, Ph.D.
President, Simberian Inc.
3030 S Torrey Pines Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89146, USA
Office +1-702-876-2882; Fax +1-702-482-7903
Cell +1-206-409-2368; Virtual +1-408-627-7706
Skype: shlepnev

www.simberian.com
Simbeor – Accurate, Fast, Easy and Affordable Electromagnetic Signal Integrity
Software
2010 and 2011 DesignVision Award Winner