[SI-LIST] A powerful troubleshooting technique

  • From: Doug Smith <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emc-pstc <emc-pstc@xxxxxxxx>, SI-List <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:34:37 -0700

Hi All,

I am a day early with this week's video podcast as I will be on the road
tomorrow. This one is three minutes long titled "A Powerful
Troubleshooting Technique." The link to the page is:

http://emcesd-podcast.com/weekly_podcasts/index.htm

Just click on "This Week's Show." The link directly to the most recent
video for the current week will always be:

http://emcesd-podcast.com/weekly_podcasts/weekly_podcast.mp4

The following week, the previous video will be moved to the archive list
and the above link will be to the new video.

The format is more informal than the last one and illustrates a great
troubleshooting technique that can find PCB layout problems and even
measure noise margins in logic circuits accurately as well as predict
compliance failures to well known immunity tests.

Let me know what you think. The resolution is 352x288 pixels, about as
large as is practical for viewing over the web for many people (and for
my bandwidth bill). I also have a high resolution version that is much
larger.

This video was pretty easy to create with a small US$100 digital video
camera running on two AA batteries and iMovie included with Mac OS X
Leopard. Editing and joining multiple video clips into a single movie
was easy, even without ever reading any instructions!

Doug

    ___          _       Doug Smith
     \          / )      P.O. Box 1457
      =========          Los Gatos, CA 95031-1457
   _ / \     / \ _       TEL/FAX: 408-356-4186/358-3799
 /  /\  \ ] /  /\  \     Mobile:  408-858-4528
|  q-----( )  |  o  |    Email:   doug@xxxxxxxxxx
 \ _ /    ]    \ _ /     Website: http://www.dsmith.org

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net