[SI-LIST] Re: 48V power distribution

  • From: "Salkow, Steven" <steven.salkow@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jackmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxx, weirsp@xxxxxxxxxx, tcuratolo@xxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:46:40 -0700

Hey Steve
If your making your equipment for export to Europe you will need to meet
the requiremnets of IPC.
See http://dc.ipc.org/resources/tools.htm
 Clearance Distance
The shortest distance (through air) separating two live conductors or
circuit components. See Creepage Distance.

 Creepage Distance
The shortest distance between two conductors (typically, one primary,
one secondary).

On this site find:
This program is intended to serve as a guide to the manipulation of data
that supports the concepts and methodology for developing surface mount
land patterns that are identified in IPC-SM-782, "Surface Mount Design
and Land Pattern Standard".

Steve Salkow
Lockheed Martin
3200 Zanker Road