[SI-LIST] Re: 20%-80% rise time

  • From: Istvan Novak <istvan.novak@xxxxxxx>
  • To: nagaup1@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 08:36:38 -0400

Nagaraj,

In the archives you will find more discussions on the topic.

In short, 10-90% definition is convenient when you have a
single-pole filtering with one time constant, yielding an
exponential response.  Many silicon drivers have multiple
devices in the output stage, often resulting in waveshapes
having slower beginning and end portions, where applying
the 10% and 90% thresholds will lead to bigger uncertainties.

Regards,

Istvan Novak
SUN Microsystems

nagaraj wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I would like to have some suggestion in clearing my concern on rise time that,
>the rise time is usually calculated from 10% to 90% of the signal swing but
>under SI topics it has been often taken as 20%-80% of the signal swing.
>
>Please educate me on going for 20%-80% for rise time.
>
>Thanks,
>Nagaraj

>//www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list
>
>For help: