[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: would like to know

  • From: "Sherry Nolan" <willowlakegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TISHW@xxxxxxx, danannkennel@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 17:09:41 +0000

>Why shouldn't it include WDA??   WDA is a part of our organization.  We
>have
>many people who show just in AKC obedience, or agility, or herding.
>Shouldn't
>they allowed to play a role if they want?  The German Shepherd is not
>limited
>to just AKC conformation.  And really, just because a person is not
>currently
>showing a dog does not mean that person doesn't know what it takes to show
>one.  Most of us have been down "in those trenches" at one point in our
>lives.
>
>Tish

Of course people involved with AKC obedience etc...should have a place in
the GSDCA...but should we have WDA members who DO NOT show any AKC  events
making decisions for the AKC exhibitors?   Also...Tish..things have
changed...showing dogs today IS very different than 20 years ago...maybe
even 10 years....Read Carolyn M's post...

Sherry
Willowlake Kennels