[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: worming pregnant bitch

  • From: "Melissa" <melanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 14:56:07 -0500

Safeguard also comes in a suspension liquid so it is shakeable.  It's easy
to read the label and determine how many grams are in a ml.  My own vet has
even suggested using it because it's the same exact stuff and more cost
effective.  I've seen several information all over the web that in Australia
they recommend worming a pregnant bitch every day from day 40 to 2 days
after whelping.  Here's a link to just one of them
http://www.petplanet.co.uk/vet_answers.asp?thread_id=572   According to my
vet, it's also the only wormer that will actually kill worm "larvae" which
can migrate to organs, including the brain.

Melissa
www.melanashepherds.com