[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: what to do with your dogs

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MyDovey@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 17:12:23 -0700 (PDT)

When I sold dogs to elderly people I stayed on as co-owner so there would be
someone to champion for the dog. If a family member wanted to keep the dog and
was able to do so that was not a problem. It was stated in the their wills that
I was the co-owner and would make all decisions for the dog.  I used it twice
and it worked very well. In fact when a member of our club passed away I was
contacted I got Logan back and I also help place his other 2 older dogs.
Regional clubs should be able to step in and help place dogs when a member
dies. That is one of the benefits of belonging to a regional club.
  Terry

MyDovey@xxxxxxx wrote:
  take some time to write down where you want each dog to go.take photo's so
identity is not a question also chip or tatoo.keep a record of shots,what you
feed and pertinence info.if you co-own or have dogs ,horses boarded ,a list of
where each one is located and when the board amount is due.tell your
relatives where this information will be kept,and if you have a attorney place
copy with the firm.this takes some time but will save heartache later.
Carole Powell Fuchs

favorites at AOL Food.