[ SHOWGSD-L ] what is a blog?

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 22:23:23 -0400

someone asked what is a blog..............

a "blog" is a weblog...a diary or journal in which the writer or
observer writes thoughts on what they're thinking or, in the case of
Evan's blog at the National, seeing. Early blogs were mostly lists of
recommended links with some commentary. Since then, they’ve evolved to
something different. Now anyone who fancies himself a writer, and even
some people who don’t, has a blog on the Internet. A couple of years ago
Evan wrote a blog from the National and all the stay-at-homes felt like
they were there...now we are spoiled and want him to do it every year.
Dania fills in for him when he has to be away from his laptop, and
someone else, too...can't remember who.
Blogs are great...........they are on the internet on almost any subject
you can think of...and not too hard to set up. We love our National
blog.............................thank you again, Evan, and thank you in
advance for this year's!
Peggy