[ SHOWGSD-L ] was crating, now doggy daycare

  • From: Denise Williams <denwil2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 11:40:16 -0800 (PST)

I don't know about you all, but the thought of doggy daycare upsets me.  As a
child, I never went to daycare;  I just can't see dropping my dog off with a
bunch of other dogs and some other person to watch and "raise."  This person is
deciding what behavior is appropriate for MY dog, and correcting what they
don't like.  They have the potential to undo my training, or to allow things I
don't.

More importantly, dog daycare don't take intact dogs (at least not the ones in
Cleveland), and there's no way I'd send my show dog to a daycare facility, with
unknown dogs, to play freely.  There's enough posts on this board about people
whose own dogs took a piece off some body part, I don't want some dog whose not
a part of my pack to take a swipe at any of my boys.

Denise W.

http://sabianshepherds.tripod.com
for show and performance
    *join my site ring*

________________________________
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 23:05:43 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
From: "Kate Syssoloff" <rockannand@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Need Help

and hours on end. The only time my dogs were crated was at dog shows

and I never had a dog that

liked a crate. Nancy G.

I'd have to say if dog's had their 'druthers', they'd prefer to be able to
exercise, eliminate and nibble grass at will.  The only time my dogs are
crated is in my van for their protection and at a show... though they are
always lying at my feet at ring side whenever possible.  In 45 ' runs during
the day with access to a heated kennel building and watching TV with me in
the evenings.  Right now, I've got 6 spralled around my bedroom floor.
Happy dogs, lucky me.

Kate