[ SHOWGSD-L ] was Veterinarians/ lemon laws

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 18:07:15 EDT

Huh?  I would be comfortable saying a weakness in the area is  hereditary,
but how does it get from there to congenital, defined as "acquired  during
development in the uterus"?

I'm all for Puppy Lemon Laws, but folks HAVE to realize it drives the cost
of puppies up.  Each year when I re-join the PA Federation, although I fall
under the number where the law would kick in in PA, I sign that I will abide by

the PA Puppy Lemon Law, and occasionally I write a check for something.   The
most recent was when a puppy ran a low grade fever following her 8 week
shot.  Vet # 1 told the new owners, "don't worry, it can happen  following a
shot".  They weren't happy w/ that and went to vet #2 who did  $200 worth of
blood
work. (Nothing showed up). Technically, I could have asked  that vet #2 put in
writing the puppy was ill when they got it, but why frustrate  the new
owners?  The puppy DID have a low temp and I don't ever want a  black mark next
my name, so I wrote a check.

Life lesson learned; do the shots at least 3 days before the owners pick
puppies up AND the cost of a puppy from the next litter goes up.
Now, what is proposed in WI would freak me out, where damages can go as  high
as 3x the cost of a puppy. At least in PA, damages are capped at the cost  of
a puppy.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

In a message dated 4/13/2008 5:08:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Stormy435@xxxxxxx writes:

On top  of the CA vet video, is this quote from the LATimes, (the article was

about the Puppy Lemon Law for breeders).   The small  petstore-bought dog was
diagnosed by this "?VET?" as having a luxating  patella.   He also quoted
$3200 for the  surgery....usually $1500 in CA.

"Akhavan's vet told her the condition  was congenital and probably due to
overbreeding, which occurs when a  female dog is kept nearly constantly
pregnant so
she can produce numerous  litters. "

Finance.      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)