[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: was Obedience judge / ring conditions

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 13:35:13 EDT

In a message dated 5/16/2005 11:28:16 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Admittedly, I no longer do obedience training but there was a time that  I
titled & trained a lot of dogs.   NEVER, did I inquire nor  worry about the
"conditions" at a show.   My concerns were with  how well trained & prepared
my dog was for the upcoming  trials.

Sandy

Really?  Well when things get competitive and a point can separate the
placings conditions can be a factor.  You'll never be able to duplicate
distractions for each team in the ring so simple courtesy should, IMO come
into play.
If we're still talking about all-breeds, or opening up OB & Rally  to all
breeds at out specialty shows, it's worth considering that some  dogs/breeds
are
extremely noise sensitive.  Toy breeds often won't work  well in grass, or if
the grass is a little long or wet. Judges are a factor  too.  Performance
people
have DNS lists, just like breed people do.   Judges have preferences and some
are afraid/overly cautious of certain  large breeds.  All I'm saying is that
if a club wants the entries, they'll  be welcoming; not  have a "train your
dog better no matter what we throw at  you" way of thinking.

Kathy
three generations of Champions live  here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_