[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: warning: my 2 cents

  • From: "Penny & Bill" <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Show List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:37:27 -0500

I have to put my two cents in about buying/showing/finishing puppies.  When you
buy a puppy, I think it's a crap shoot--sometimes they turn out, sometimes they
don't.  Do you really think a reputable breeder will sell you something for
"show" that isn't show quality?  THAT breeder's name is on the pup's registered
name!  However, good intentions don't always work out.  I have bought many dogs
from reputable breeders that have not, for one reaon or another, ended up
"champion quality".  I have placed those or given them back to their breeders.
I have learned through the years that this has happened to MANY people, not
just me.  Why get mad?  (I used to do THAT all the time--LOL).  It doesn't do
any good.  Right now, I have a group of dogs that will rival the quality of
Punky, The Kid and Ketchy--I'm excited about this.  The glass is half full.
Penny in NY