[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: vwd

  • From: "Carl Sanchez" <sanderhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <CHBLACKVELVET@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:12:54 -0500

i don't think many people test. i've tested two females and 3 males. one female
was 69 and 70 is normal and was not a cause for alarm. my males were in the 100
range. when they are in the 30's and 40's and 50's, there could be problems. i
knew of one in the 30's and she was spayed without incident.
i don't think enough people test to say how big of a problem there is. i guess
it's not that great or dam's would be dying while whelping, etc.

 too bad there is not a dna swab test as there is in other breeds.

susan

http://www.sander-haus.com