[ SHOWGSD-L ] update c sec puppy

  • From: CMILL189@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:08:55 EDT

--339.331ac9b_alt_bound

Thanks everyone for your great suggestions and encouragement with my friends
single c sec puppy. I forwarded all of your thoughts to her !!  Well he made
it through the first 24 hours.  My friend Katie tube fed him, kept him warm and
made him pee and poop. There were a few scary moments during the night when
they thought they might lose him. He was very congested but he is doing much
better this morning.
     If anyone goes out to buy a heating pad for pups make sure you get the
old fashioned kind! Do not get the Auto shut off one. The biggest worry during
the night was Katie had to keep waking up to check on the heating pad, as it
would shut itself off when it got up to temp. Anyway I sure hope they still
make the good old fashioned kind, as mine is about 25 years old so I will need
replace it soon.
 Katie is still tube feeding. The pup did get to nurse some from his mom so
he did get some colostrum. Katie also has another mom just coming off of a 7
week old litter that is on call to take over just in case his mom's maternal
instincts do not kick in.
 Thanks again everyone and have a Great weekend!!

Craig and Cynthia Miller
MillerTime Shepherds
German Shepherds with STYLE

--339.331ac9b_alt_bound

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><BODY WIDTH=3D"72" HEIGHT=3D"100" S=
RC=3D"cid:X.MA0.1145556535@xxxxxxx"; BACKGROUND=3D"cid:X.MA0.1145556535@xxxxx=
om"  DATASIZE=3D"2082" ID=3D"MA0.1145556535"><FONT  SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAM=
ILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Thanks everyone for your great s=
uggestions and encouragement with my friends single c sec puppy. I forwarded=
 all of your thoughts to her !!&nbsp; Well he made it through the first 24 h=
ours.&nbsp; My friend Katie tube fed him, kept him warm and made him pee and=
 poop. There were a few scary moments during the night when they thought the=
y might lose him. He was very congested but he is doing much better this mor=
ning. <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; If anyone goes out to buy a heating pad for pups ma=
ke sure you get the old fashioned kind! Do not get the Auto shut off one. Th=
e biggest worry during the night was Katie had to keep waking up to check on=
 the heating pad, as it would shut itself off when it got up to temp. Anyway=
 I sure hope they still make the good old fashioned kind, as mine is about 2=
5 years old so I will need to replace it soon. <BR>
 Katie is still tube feeding. The pup did get to nurse some from his mom so=20=
he did get some colostrum. Katie also has another mom just coming off of a 7=
 week old litter that is on call to take over just in case his mom's materna=
l instincts do not kick in. <BR>
 Thanks again everyone and have a Great weekend!!&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
<P ALIGN=3DCENTER>Craig and Cynthia Miller<BR>
MillerTime Shepherds<BR>
German Shepherds with STYLE<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FA=
CE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</P></FONT></HTML>