[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: unite/ NOT BS

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 10:07:43 EST

In a message dated 2/8/2007 9:48:27 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx writes:
But  Hunte is black and white.  HE BROKERS IN DOGS.

I wasn't speaking about Hunte, I referenced your comment that the  board
"split us apart".

They didn't.  I'd love to read full explanations, but here's the  rub.  The
meeting was a closed session.  The propose of the closed  session was to
protect the voters.  (You may not like secret ballots, but  there you have it.)
 We
all picked and picked at this until we ferreted out  the "no" votes.  What a
mess!  Can a member who voted yes based on  whatever it was that was discussed
in the meeting (and I want to be sure to  point out I'm not talking only about
Hunte of his business practices, but by-  laws, legal implications,
non-profit tax status etc, etc, etc,) CAN THAT YES  VOTE BE DISCUSSED WITHOUT
REFERENCEING THINGS THAT WERE DONE IN A CLOSED DOOR  SESSION?  I don't know,
but re
read Ileana's response to Paul:

"I have the very strong feeling that some of the yessir are truly  concerned
about the legal ramifications of this issue, on a personal  level.

Actually, I have it directly from the source, that some are even  talking to
their personal insurance agents, and seeking legal  counseling, looking for
ways  to protect themselves because it does  looks like a threat of possible
lawsuit  was implied if membership was  denied. Yes, I have this in writing,
and no,
I  wont disclose the  source, as I have no permission to do so.

Now, if this is true,  I  am begging those members to come out  and put it
all
in the open.   I believe we not only need to vote to remove  this latest
applicant,  but we, meaning the GSDCA, need to offer whatever  protection is
necessary, in the form of insurance or legal counseling, or both,  to  the
board
members and officers, who, regardless of their vote, where  doing  what they
thought
was the best job they could do for our  membership.  These  board members
should not be paying for all  these costs out of their  pockets.

Now, as I offered to a couple of  board members before, how can WE, the
membership, help?

If this  is a frenzy, is only fed out of frustration.

Ileana

That's NOT BS Sheila.  Now you can opine all day long that certain  issues
weren't valid, certain fears unfounded and without merit.   (Actually, we've
all
opined about this until my head is spinning!) You know  what?  It doesn't
matter.  Obviously some of  those in a position  to consider all of the facts
came to different conclusions.

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_