[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: unique shows....

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 20:05:29 -0400

Oh yeah...and they show guppies, and other fish.  They do judge on
movement..not gait.  If the fish stays pretty much in one part of the
show tank and doesn't move around, it doesn't get very good
marks.............   now ask me how I know this!   I used to know a
couple of people who showed guppies, and I asked (I was joking...they
were not).
    They travel with the guppies, goldfish, etc., in plastic bags in the
trunk of their cars, if the weather is good enough...not too cold, not
too hot.  They take lots of extra water, too...so that the fish don't
get "shocked" by being put into unfamiliar water or water that hasn't
been treated, etc  (no chlorine, etc.)
    The people who show fish are as crazy as the rest of us!  I heard
somewhere that there are big money prizes at some of the Koi shows,
too...and if you think about what some of those fancy Koi sell for, it's
believable!
Peggy