[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: toxic gut

  • From: Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx
  • To: Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 19:53:24 EDT

In a message dated 8/3/2005 12:25:34 PM Mountain Standard Time,
Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Inconclusive, although poisoning was ruled out.  They thought it was
> genetic in nature.  It had to have been a horrible death for the poor little
> guy--I
> had him 3 WEEKS when this happened.  (Don't even ask if I got a
> replacement.)

OK.....I let the first couple of times ride, not wanting to get into a cat
fight on the list or say anything unpleasant......I talked with your vet at the
time and he told me he did not know what caused the puppy to have exploding,
bloody diarrhea but ruled out Parvo.  His next statement was that if he had
been able to see the puppy BEFORE he was critical, he might have a better
explanation for me.  And don't you remember telling me that the puppy had eaten
some
potting soil, Penny?  I do.  And since when is toxic gut "genetic in nature"?
   Anyone who has one of my puppies can tell you that I would NEVER hesitate
to replace one who was defective in ANY way, but I do expect that my puppy
buyers will take their pup to a vet to find out what's wrong BEFORE they're
almost dead.
    This has been years ago and your need to place blame should be exhausted
by now, but since you keep bringing it up I felt I should respond lest someone
else believe the rumor.  I'm very sorry the puppy got sick and died;  he was
one gorgeous, healthy little boy and I entrusted him to your care.  So much
for that.  If you feel any further need to vent, please e-mail me personally
and
keep this off the List.
    Jamie