[ SHOWGSD-L ] time for the brag

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 10:50:12 -0800 (PST)

Liddy is doing a better job than I thought she would.  She has begun to take
personal interest in her pups.  She is also digging a nest in the yard.
Because she seems to be hormonally confused to begin with, I had little
expectation that she would come to care about the pups.  She is a very obedient
dog and was glad to do as I asked and feed them. She was slow to volunteer to
clean, but between the 2 of us there has been a lot of peeing and pooping from
the pups.

  I learned last night that food is not the only motivator, the larger girl
just wanted a good evacuation and passed out in my hand when she was done,
never had mom there for that one.

  They are all 3 doing very well now, but I do not expect to sleep anytime
soon.  Once I start weening, I will be able to feed them late in the evening
and get some rest, in about 2 or 3 weeks.

  While it has been 30 years, this has come very easily to me and I am pleased
that I have had not one single panic, from my point of view.  It would be nice
to have more family support, but I get what I get.

  All 3 pups look like what I wanted to see at birth, and I am very pleased
with the quality Liddy and Boss (Forest Knoll's R U Talkn to Me, Butch and Gail
and Elizabeth Stiefferman) have produced together.  But time will tell if there
are champions here.

  I want to thank every single person who has expressed support for my efforts.
 It is most gratifying to know that I am in the thoughts of others.

  I also want to congatulate every winner and other new litter announced on the
list.  I have not enough sleep or time to go to each one personally, but I also
know everyone understands.

  I am hoping to make at least a day trip to the Treasure Coast shows, with or
without the pups, if I bring them they will be sequestered anyway.

  And I hope that every club in Florida and nearby states will support the
Treasure Coast club for the futurity and their shows.

  Amy has asked the presidents of the Florida clubs to attend a break-time
meeting of the clubs.  Please do attend, there is much to discuss and I am not
the president of any club so I can only ask that those persons who are at the
top of their individual heaps attend for the bennifit of the breed.

  Thank you all once again,
  Sheila

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's