[ SHOWGSD-L ] the whole thing

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 11:34:32 -0500

    I believe that last night's conference call/Board Meeting was
conducted in accord with ByLaws and P&P directives, and I also believe
that the Board Members who took part did everything they could do to
correct the big booboo that occurred in January.  I also believe that
those who voted Yes to Hunte's membership application will vote No next
time.  They appear to understand now that they are safe from a life of
penury, which apparently is what they' all feared.

    Only the letters that Dania received prior to the January meeting,
and the petition, all of which were instigated by the publishing of
Hunte's application in the September Review (and by activity on this
list after that) will be considered in April, and only the authors of
those letters and perhaps the signers of the petition, can speak at the
April meeting.  That is in accord with the P&P and ByLaws, too.

    I believe this membership application will be turned down.  I don't
believe there will be a law suit at this time, but even if there is, we
know everyone is covered by our insurance policy and no one will incur
any out-of-pocket expense or loss.  As I have said before, not getting
enough votes is a sufficient answer, and if Hunte were to sue, he would
lose.  There may be some loss of face due to procedural errors having
occurred, but on the matter of Hunte, once he is turned down, we are
all, members and Directors alike, safe from further attack on that score.

    As to what to do about our Delegate taking it upon himself to send a
letter with the President's signature, after being told NOT to do it,
that is something that the President, and perhaps the Board, must act on
immediately if not sooner...time is of the essence now and this
particular matter must to take precedence over the Hunte membership
issue.  I believe the membership has expressed itself on our Delegate as
well...all that remains is for action to be taken.

    Being an officer or director of a club, especially a national club,
requires a lot of responsibility and, sometimes, a lot of guts.  If our
Directors step up to the plate in April, the Hunte matter is dead.  Now
let's see about Carmen's letter.  We have less than a week to handle that!

Peggy