[ SHOWGSD-L ] the slate is our hope

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:27:11 EDT

MASSTANA@xxxxxxx writes:
we have  a lot of really good
people on this Board and on the  slate,

I have to agree with John, and I will go even further.  We have some  great
people running, who have made some bad decisions in the past, but have
worked hard for the club. We have a few on the board now who I do not agree
with, but I respect the hard work and dedication they show every time they
attend a board meeting.

I have also seen many posts on other lists with strong opinions about
issues before the board and I can say that each one is doing what they think is

the right thing. I don't believe anyone on the board now, or running in the
 election, decided, "I will see what I can do to destroy the club or ruin
the  breed."

We need to support our board even when we don't agree with them.  They
give up a lot to serve us, and we should appreciate that.

It may sound good to "wipe the slate clean" but you can do a lot worse than
 those currently serving or willing to serve.  One example is a man running
 for the board who hates me. He has made it clear I am not to talk to him,
and he  won't talk to me. But, I read a post he wrote and he was "right on."
 He  gets it, and will be a great addition to the board. When the slate
comes out, I  intend to support him, and if the List will allow it, I will say
who it  is.

We need to throw out our personal feelings about people and do the best we
can to elect a board that will serve our breed well. We have one now, who
have made some mistakes. That is not enough to condem the entire board.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together