[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: the late great .....

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 11:39:45 -0700 (PDT)

Sel Ch Steinthal's Night Moves.  I met him twice.  No one could be more
gentlmanly, more forward and yet loving.  He made eye contact and held it, not
to intimidate, but to impart his love of humans.  I still get weepy when I
think of him.  He had movement, and type.  He was moving towards obedience
titles when he passed.

  I feel lucky to have a 1/2 sister of his.
  sheila
Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx wrote:
  dawn's post on dallas brought up alot of memories of great dogs who are no
longer with us. might be fun, especially for the newbies, of we brought up some
of the late greats and told why we thought they were great. to keep an even
playing field, let's do that without mentioning our own dogs. i'll start.
sel am sel can ch covy-tucker hill's don quixote rom, romc, tc, ofa

i was fortunate enough to have spent a considerable amount of time with cody.
besides his obvious and undeniable success as a show dog, he was one of the
soundest, wisest dogs i have ever encountered. his temperament was impeccable,
his considerable energy well directed, his devotion without question and his
protective instincts sharp. cody was the best roomate i have ever had at a
national ('88 in houston - all former human roomies please forgive). we sat on
the bed, shared a room service burger and watched "a fish called wanda". i'm
sure he could have thought of more fun doggy things to do but was content to
just be my friend and share in what i was doing. that memory still makes me
smile.
diane
Diane Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
"In dog years I'm dead." - Author unknown

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training