[ SHOWGSD-L ] the infamous Questionnaire

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GSD Show List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:10:17 -0400

Just a note or two for those who are interested (and apparently there
are many)...

The questionnaire was sent to EVERY candidate for Office or for a Board
Position.  The only two people whose questionnaires were returned as
"undeliverable" were contacted again, and each of those two has
responded.  No other emails were returned, therefore it appears safe to
assume that every candidate received a questionnaire.  Whether they read
their emails or not is unknown.
This weekend is the deadline for responding.  To date, the following
candidates have NOT responded:
Jerry Guzman (Board nominee for Vice President)
Mishka Bennett (petition candidate for Recording Secretary) (4 emails to
Mishka have not been returned)
for the Board:
Wayne Davis
George Berstler
Lee Brown
Kelly Knight
Carolyn Martello
Joanna Rand

All other candidates have responded.  Collating of the responses has
begun.  I am doing the collating and will accept and add responses until
Monday, October 3. Responses received after that date will be returned,
and the candidates may post them to the list or do whatever they like
with them.   Pat Galambos has copies of every response form as each was
submitted...this is our way of ensuring that there is no "funny
business" taking place with regard to collating the responses.  It is my
hope that each candidate kept a copy of their own replies.
    There were a few complaints that all this happened too
quickly...obviously there was sufficient time allowed for some people to
respond--the majority, in fact.  Given that the ballots will be out next
week, there should still be enough time for anyone who is interested to
go to the website (when it is announced) and read what the candidates
had to say about the issues facing the GSDCA right now, and thus make an
informed vote.
    I will freely admit that some of the responses were brilliant and
showed that several of the candidates really have a plan in mind should
they win election.  Other responses were -- well, you will see.
    Good luck to each one of the candidates...whether they responded to
the questionnaire or not.  Frankly, I can't understand why a candidate
for office in a National club would not respond.  Some may have had
other more pressing business at hand, others just didn't do it.