[ SHOWGSD-L ] thank you all....

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 09:49:36 -0800 (PST)

Well, now that I have regained my composure, let me start by saying that

I begin each day off with one sentence on my lips..."This is not about
you".....and for those of you who have read Rick Warren's book...you
will understand the deep meaning of this one sentence.
LHSH
embodies an ethic. More than merely an organization with is policies,
procedures, bylaws and financial limitations, it is a way of
living...of seeing that all dogs (and yes, people too) have
value...that even the most broken of GSDs deserves to be treated with
dignity, respect and most of all....love. That is in what we leave
behind when WE go to The Bridge that will judge the story of our
lifetime here. That each of us make the most of EVERY day we are given
and know that when we put our head on that pillow at night...we have
done all we can to lighten someones load...help a stranger...care for a
sick family member...hug a dog while he crosses over... or gaze into
the eyes of an elderly person who sits alone in a nursing facility and
allow them to be just for one short hour....young and whole again. For
many of these seniors, (much like the senior GSDs waiting in the
shelters), the holidays pass with little to no hope of company or
salvation.
LHSH
is yet in its infancy..we will continue to embrace new ideas and tailor
old ones as we are confronted with the new challenges set before us.
Until then, we will continue
to  hone and shape our organization in
hopes of meeting the ever changing financial needs of Rescue in the
current economic crisis.

Please join us in our journey. As someone once said, "it takes a village to
raise a child..."....
It will take a CLUB to save a breed....
Thank you.
Dawn