[ SHOWGSD-L ] sympathy

  • From: carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 17:33:00 -0800 (PST)

    Dear Listers,
           I sent this last night when I returned home from the board meeting,
  but it evidently was lost in cyberspace so I will repeat.
         My sympathies go out to Gail and her family but also to those too
  young or too new to our sport  never to have seen her  incredible talent
  in the show ring.  This was a handler who commanded such  devotion
  from her dogs that it was as if she were not even there. It appeared as
  if they just showed themselves. Gail did not ever bring the eye to herself,
  always to the dog. Probably never again will we see  a handler of her
  caliber. She retired from handling way too soon, but when she took the
  helm as editor of the Review, she brought to that publication the same
  beauty that she had always brought to the dogs she took into the ring.
                                 Carolyn