[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: spiders...question

  • From: "MARGERY GOLANT" <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>, "'GSD Show List'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 00:31:55 -0400

Good grief - that is scary !  Peggy, call an exterminator right away that
specializes in spiders - they will know for sure..... Save the dead ones to
show them...

Here are some links:

http://www.uky.edu/Agriculture/Entomology/entfacts/struct/ef631.htm
http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2061.html
http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2061.html

While they do not show them in VA on the maps, they are not far away (TN,
KY, OH).  Here in FL there are all kinds of critters turning up that are not
native to the area, and scientists think the non-native species were
transported in in materials from other states.  I have read that Tarantulas
come into the US from Central America in banana shipments.

I know someone who was bitten by one in GA.  He almost died, has permanent,
serious neurological damage.  If you have them, you need to get rid of them
IMMEDIATELY !!

Margy Golant