[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: showgsd-l..................why are all breed shows getting bigger and specia

  • From: EllenH33@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:57:59 EST

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 22:54:57 -0500
From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: why are all breed shows getting bigger and specialti

You need the specialty judges in any breed to keep the breed going
in the direction the breeders want it to go...and you need non-breeder,
non-specialty judges to keep the breed from going right off the edge of the
world,
to such an extreme that no one BUT another breeder judge would put the dogs
up.  That's how the breed got into the shape it was in when the rest of the
world, and some of the knowledgeable North American breeders, as well, said the
show Shepherds were crippled.  A lot of them were!  That's not the case
anymore...and that's why a lot of the good dogs go to the all breed shows.
Politics
exist
everywhere...nowhere so much as in the specialty ring.
    I've got my asbestos suit on...although I shouldn't need it just for
speaking the REAL truth.
Peggy

Thanks, Peggy, for telling it like it is.

***From w.NY***
http://www.geocities.com/jeenellyn33/