  • From: "Dianna Tim Van Erem" <eremshep@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 15:13:18 -0700

congratulations
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  To: showgsd-l digest users<mailto:Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Sent: Monday, May 23, 2011 2:22 PM
  Subject: showgsd-l Digest V5 #957

  DO NOT RETURN THE ENTIRE DIGEST.  HIGHLIGHT WHAT YOU WISH TO REPLY TO BEFORE
HITTING REPLY

  ------------------------------------
  showgsd-l Digest Mon, 23 May 2011 Volume: 05  Issue: 957

  In This Issue:
  #1: From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx<mailto:Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx>
  Subject: Re: OFA or OVC
  #2: From: MARILEE WILKINSON
<marifiorigsd@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:marifiorigsd@xxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Big Club Brag
  #3: From: Kay Springer <SHOWGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:SHOWGSD@xxxxxxx>>
  Subject: A Wicked Trip to Oklahoma
  #4: From: lockefam1@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lockefam1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: weekend brags!!
  #5: From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx<mailto:Scharo777@xxxxxxx>
  Subject: Oklahoma Shows
  #6: From: Mary Ward <mlward@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:mlward@xxxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: okla brag
  #7: From: Linda H. <stjamesgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:stjamesgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Door opening dogs!
  #8: From: Mary Tripp
<mtripp4113@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:mtripp4113@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Re: okla brag

  Msg: #1 in digest
  From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx<mailto:Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx>
  Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 13:30:45 EDT

  I have used both.   Because I am not a popular fan of grey areas,  I like
  with OVC you pass or fail.  And they don't have a "team" reading  them.  A
  good deal of the problems with OFA and elbows is the who is  appointed at the
  time problem.
  OVC went to a team effort on readings a few years back and the program
  nearly came to an end.  Took a  lot of supporters to ensure it  continued.
  Last I heard the head of radiology solely reads them.   Used to know the name
  but cannot remember.  Oh to have Dr. Pennoc back...or  Dobbin.
  Molly

  Trillia  German Shepherds since 1972
  Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont, lifetime  member CKC
  "Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light"

  In a message dated 5/23/2011 9:19:19 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
  pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

  she will  be that next month.

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #2 in digest
  Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 10:43:20 -0700 (PDT)
  From: MARILEE WILKINSON
<marifiorigsd@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:marifiorigsd@xxxxxxxxx>>

  I'm bragging on my club, The German Shepherd Club of St. Louis, Inc. I am so
proud of us. Yesterday at the AKC Museum of the Dog in St. Louis, the Club held
it's Annual Metropolitan St. Louis K-9 Awards. We have been holding these
awards since the 1960's. The weather was great. One of the K-9 partners gave a
demonstration on a K-9's possible daily activities to serve and protect. We
really appreciate all the work the partners do to keep us safe. The work these
partners contribute in Suspect Apprehension,Controlled Substance Detection,
Evidence Detection, Tracking, Explosive Detection, Protection and Search &
Rescue is absolutely amazing. These teams go above and beyond the calling to
protect us.
  I also want to brag on our Club President, Gail Stiefferman, for all the
diligent and time-consuming work in keeping this process all together. Several
other members gave a lot of their love, time and effort in the production of
these Awards.
  A round of applause, please.
  Marilee Wilkinson
  Yes, I know my signature is too long!

  Life may not be the party we hoped for~but while we are here, we might as
well dance.
  Marilee and Mari-Fiori Shepherds
  Awarded AKC Breeder of Merit
  Home of AM CH/CAN SEL CH Mari-Fiori's Ruffian of Judeen, HIC OFA,
  AM/CAN CH Mari-Fiori's BoldRuler Judeen, OFA,
  CH Mari-Fiori's Winning Colors, TT, OFA,
  CH Mari-Fiori's River of Dreams, TC,
  CH Mari-Fiori's Black Eyed Susan
  Mari-Fiori's Da 'Tara v Chablis Stylistc
  Mari-Fiori's Echo of the Dreamer
  Member of GSDC St. Louis since 1985: Member GSDCA since 1977

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #3 in digest
  From: Kay Springer <SHOWGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:SHOWGSD@xxxxxxx>>
  Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 11:41:28 -0700

  The trip started out "wickedly" bad but ended "wickedly" good for
  Scherzar's Wicked first appearance in the SouthWest.

  The first leg from California to Denver on Thursday was fine but then
  the weather gods took over....a long delay in Denver when the plane
  the cast and crew  were to board was cancelled due to the plane being
  hit by lightening.  After more than a two hour delay they then boarded
  a flight to Oklahoma only  to have the plane get half way to their
  destination and be turned back to Denver due to lightening strikes,
  the plane dropping fifty feet, lights out etc. Then following a night
  in a motel,  Tracy, Channing and Amber finally arrived at their
  destination late Friday.   They  missed the Friday show, but  were
  safe and Amber was a trooper through all of this.  She was 11 hours in
  a crate until Tracy  used her "people skills" to convince airline
  personnel that  she had to take her out of the crate for some much
  needed exercise/stretching.  So there was Tracy and Amber walking in
  the rain on the tarmac !!!

  At the AM show on Saturday, under Bob Ghigleri,  Ch. Scherzar's
  Wicked, aka Amber,  was awarded Select from a class of about 11
  specials.  At the PM show, under Rick Orlowski, she was once again
  Select bitch.

  At the Maturity show the following day, Amber was awarded SW Reserve
  Maturity bitch under judge Bob Grady and got her ticket to the National!

  Thank you to these judges for such very nice awards. Last year,  Amber
  was also SP Reserve Futurity bitch under Gail Hardcastle shown by Art
  Sinclair.

  Amber was shown by her co-owner Channing Sheets and is trained,
  groomed and conditioned by Tracy Radigan.  In very limited showing,
  this wickedly red sable girl now has her three major Select wins on
  her road to her Grand Champion title.

  Amber was bred by Janice Staley, Paul and Jennifer Root and is out of
  Ch. Scherzar's Cinnamon Twist by my Strider, Ch. Rohan's Reward TC,
  CGC,HT, RE, CDX,CHIC (h,e,h,t) and is owned by Janice Staley, Kay
  Springer and Channing Sheets.

  Thanks to Tracy and Channing for braving such a  horrendous trip and
  taking such good care of Amber...but I was soooo happy that I was in
  sunny California!

  Kay Springer
  www.showboatgsd.com<http://www.showboatgsd.com/>
  Home of Multi BISS & Multi Group Winning
  Ch. Rohan's Reward TC,CGC,HT,RE,CDX,CHIC (h,e,h,t)
  "Strider" - 75 BOBs - #5 & #6 GSD 2009

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #4 in digest
  Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 13:46:08 -0500 (CDT)
  From: lockefam1@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lockefam1@xxxxxxxxxxx>

   This past weekend we ventures to Long Island for soem dogs shows and f= un.
  On Fri Ivyledge Fantasy's Etched In Stone "Logan" ( Ch. Darbydans Samps= on
  xMardon's AVa) was WD, BOW, BOB ( over 2 specials) and Group 3, his&nbs= p;
  beautiful all black  friend Fantasy's Patchaground "Patcha" ( = CH. Ivyledge
  Winning Ticket X Fantasy's Hollywood N Vine) was WB, BOS = , then on Sat
  Logan was again WD, and Patcha was WB, BOS. , and finally on = Sun Karizma
  Von Loar Kaleef Aramists Fan Favorite "Dante" ( GV Aregon X GV = Heina
  Gomez)was WD, BOW, and Fantasy Ivyledge Memphis Belle was WB. Logan = ,
  Patcha and Memphis are bred/owned by myself and Fred and Annette Fre= eman
  and handled to perfection by Fred, and Dante was bred by Iza Kabuska,
Carlos Arquimba, Jim and Sheree Moses, the Gomezes, and Donna Calabrese and
handled again by Fred. The best part of all was in between shows having a
great time with very special old friend and a few NEW ones which to me is t  he
best part . Hope everyone else had a great weekend despite the weather.
           &nbs= p;            &= nbsp;           &nbs= p;            &= nbsp;
            &nbs= p;            &= nbsp;                      &nbs= p;
     &= nbsp;           &nbs= p;            &= nbsp;           &nbs= p;
      &= nbsp;           &nbs= p;      Katie Locke            &nbs= p;
     &= nbsp;           &nbs= p;            &= nbsp;           &nbs= p;
      &= nbsp;           &nbs= p;    Ivyledge German Shepherds            &nbs
p;            &= nbsp;           &nbs= p;            &= nbsp;           &nbs
p;                  &nbs= p;            &= nbsp;           &nbs= p;
    &= nbsp;           &nbs= p;            &= nbsp;           &nbs= p;

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #5 in digest
  From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx<mailto:Scharo777@xxxxxxx>
  Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 16:21:55 -0400 (EDT)

  Bob, Cathy, I and Dr. Teresa finally got a weekend all together for the
  Oklahoma shows and Futurity.  Congratulations to the clubs for putting on
  great shows, and especially for arranging that the thunderstorm happen during

  the night. (The hotel was actually struck by lightening!)  The weather Sat
  and Sunday was perfect!
  Our Pepper (Ch Scharo Ark Hearts on Fire) was happy to see Mike and  Debbie
  again. Friday afternoon, under Doris Farrell, she finished her GRAND
  CHAMPIONSHIP!.
  and Saturday afternoon she started on the next level with a Best Opposite
  Sex.
  Our wonderful Best Puppy from the National, Phoenix Rising, took a major
  reserve Saturday afternoon but bombed out in the Futurity.
  And our Bronson daughter, Cherry Bomb, had a great time.  She  learned to
  open her mouth for the judge.  Then she learned to gait in  a straight line.
  And by Sunday took 2nd in a really nice teenage bitch  class.
  Sat night we sat around the RV's and visited while Cathy made & served
  Frozen Orange Dreams and we order in Pizza and talked for  hours.  Truly  a
  great weekend.
  I understand everyone got home safely, in spite of the storms.  We  watched
  for twisters and dodged hailstones as big as baseballs. (That was  exciting
  - Not!)
  By 10 we were back  in "dry" Texas and home in bed by 3  AM.
  Carol

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #6 in digest
  Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 13:22:39 -0700 (PDT)
  From: Mary Ward <mlward@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:mlward@xxxxxxxxxx>>

  Saturday Judge Robert Ghigleri awarded BOB to Sel EX Ch Charbo's Key Largogh
  Marjo.  Thank you to Mr Ghigleri for the win and the nice comments he has for
  Largogh.  Largogh was handled to perfection by Lenny Brown. Groomed by Donna
  Calabrese who always does a great job.

  As a member of the GSDCGT I want to thank all the exhibitors who braved the
  storm to get there.  The turn out for the shows was great.  Can't say so much
  for the mud several handlers lost their shoes. The hospitality was well
  received.  Mary Searles brownies are a real treat.

  Mary L Ward

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #7 in digest
  From: Linda H. <stjamesgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:stjamesgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 16:29:16 -0400

  Last year I installed one of those lever type door handles on my back door.
It makes it easier for me to carry puppies outside as I can open the door with
my knee or elbow.  Well, my shepherd boy has discovered that if he stands up on
his hind legs and scrapes his paws on the door that he can open it.  He only
does it if he really wants back inside.  Today, I had put all the dogs out in
the back yard and was reading my book.  I heard him digging at the door and the
next thing I saw was one of my Tibbie boys come trotting into the den.  I got
up and saw Chance and several other Tibbies in the back room.  I herded them
back out and then realized that while the door was open, my little escape
artist had gone outside.  I found him outside in the middle of the yard like he
had been there for a while.

  Last week one of my little Tibbie girls barked at a big gator that was on the
grass behind the back fence.  When she barked it went back in the water.  That
gator is very bold this year.  The wildlife people say that it is acting like
it has been fed by humans and that is not a good thing!

  There just never seems to be a dull moment when you have a bunch of dogs!!

  Linda Hendrix
  St James Shepherds
  Lin Chi Tibetan Spaniels

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #8 in digest
  Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 16:09:23 -0500
  From: Mary Tripp <mtripp4113@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:mtripp4113@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

  And don't forget that he now has 20 Grand Champion Points!!!!

  Mary

admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>

  >VISIT OUR WEBSITE -
  >http://showgsd.org  SUBSCRIPTION:http://showgsd.org/mail.html