  • From: FBoese@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 16:53:00 EDT

Hi Dara   After Schotzie's class  (2nd of 2 )  I think  the judge made her
swing her head so she had an excuse to put up  Trisha's bitch and it was the
only one she made noise at & came over the top  of her.   June called her
on it & she sai "she pulled her  head away....Lots of absentees...Only 4
showed in Lacey's class & she looked  great & went 4 out of 4). Only six shown
in Sr Maturity dog ..Hate  to get a placque that way....Oh Well, she won't
get an entry from us any  more...Glad you guys did  well....

Flo Boese
Bo-Hem Shepherds

In a message dated 4/10/2011 9:22:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

DO NOT  RETURN THE ENTIRE DIGEST.  HIGHLIGHT WHAT YOU WISH TO REPLY TO
BEFORE  HITTING REPLY

------------------------------------
showgsd-l  Digest    Sun, 10 Apr 2011    Volume: 05  Issue:  736

In This Issue:
#1: From: "Peggy"  <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Dixie Dog  ear treatment (Blue Power treatment)
#2: From: " John  Zumwalt" <candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Prayers needed
#3: From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
Subject: The Hog
#4: From:  blackoaks01@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: New  Champion
#5: From: "mizzonigsd"  <mizzonigsd@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Dixie  Dog ear treatment (Blue Power treatment)
#6: From:  Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
Subject: Fwd:  [TX_RPOA_E-News] DOUBLE WHAMMY IN TEXAS LEGISLATION
#7: From:  daphedon@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Our Boys Big  Brags!

Msg:  #1 in digest
From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 19:15:40  -0400

Thanks to all those who sent it...but no one sent  the
frequency....which I KNOW I used to send, so someone
must have that  info!
Peggy

------------------------------

Msg: #2 in  digest
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 17:12:25 -0700
From: " John Zumwalt"  <candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Roxann  Labra just called me to say that a liver just became available for
her 9  month old granddaughter, Elizabeth.  The family is leaving  Idaho
Falls,Idaho right now headed for Salt Lake City for the  transplant.  Please
pray for baby, Elizabeth, her parents, Brandy  &Felix, and all involved.
CandyZ
www.candiasgsd.com

------------------------------

Msg: #3 in digest
From:  ELG440@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 20:47:29 EDT

Harley took his 70th Best of Breed.  Very cool!

Evan  L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament   come  together

------------------------------

Msg: #4  in digest
From: blackoaks01@xxxxxxx
Date:  Sun, 10 Apr 2011 21:08:57 -0400 (EDT)

Huge congratulations to  Mari-Fiori's Black Eyed Susan
aka "Minnie" and her "mom's"
Way to go  all, especially to Marilee who bred another good one.
Marcia

------------------------------

Msg: #5 in  digest
From: "mizzonigsd" <mizzonigsd@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 21:19:37  -0400

Dixie Ear Treatment

Ingredients:

16 ounce  bottle Isopropyl Alcohol
4 Tablespoons Boric Acid Powder
16 Drops  Gentian Violet Solution 1%
a plastic  bottle

Treatment:

Shake the bottle before each use. Flood  the ear with solution, gently
squirting into the ear, massage the ear  gently for about 60 seconds,
wipe the ear with a tissue. Flood the ear  again on first treatment, wipe
with a tissue, and leave alone without  massaging. The dog will shake out
the
excess which can be wiped with a  tissue.

Note: The Gentian Violet stains fabrics!

Frequency  of Treatment: Treat 2 times per day for the first week to two
weeks  depending on the severity of the condition of the ears.
Subsequently,
treat 1 time per day for the next week to 10 days, then once per month or
as
needed.

All of these ingredients should be available at a  pharmacy. The Boric Acid
Powder soothes the ear. The Gentian Violet  Solution is an anti-infection
agent. The solution appears to work well on  any and all ear problems from
mites to wax to canker. After the second or  hird treatment you can clean
out
the ear with a Q-tip or cotton balls.  Their success rate for this
treatment
is 95-99%. Those who do not succeed  have usually not done the treatment
long
enough or have not been regular  about the treatment. Dogs on the verge of
ear canal surgery have been  returned to normal with only the regular
follow-up treatment to keep the  ear healthy. If an infection seems to be
remaining in the treated ear  after the above course of treatment, you may
also have some Pseudomonas  bacteria in the site. This can be eradicated by
using a gentle flush of  raw apple cider vinegar and warm water. Use 2
Tablespoons vinegar to one  cup of warm water, twice per week. It has been
found that this treatment  is effective for treating fungus type infections
on the feet and elsewhere  on the dog, for cuts on dogs or people. and for
hot spots.

This  solution is for external use only.
Do not get in the  eyes.

------------------------------

Msg: #6 in  digest
From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 21:21:43  EDT

____________________________________
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 01:22:00 +0000 (UTC)
From:  daphedon@xxxxxxxxxxx

Our young boy,  Von Darste's Walk the Plank, took Best In Amateur Futurity
at the Mid-Atlantic  Region under Eugene Warrick from the Senior Dog Class.
Plank is from Ch.  Karizma's Fab4-George Von Loar Kaleef and our own Ch.
Amber's Chanel No. 5 who  was the 2008 Amateur Maturity Victrix!  Plank was
handled by Andrew (his  Dad).  Thank you so much to Eugene Warrick for this
most prestigious  win.  We are certainly doing the Happy Dance!! Our older boy,
Ch.  Aramist's Strike Apose Bodega won the Veterans Class at Delaware
Valley GSDC  under Pam O'Dell.  Striker still loves to show and had a wonderful
time  with his handler, Trisha Wylie.  Striker is from Ch. Aramist's
Titanium Von Kolbrook and Bodega's Ophelia of Aramist.  He was bred by
Elizabeth
Ashdown, E. Steinbeck, Leslie Dancosse and Donna Calabrese.  We  are so proud
of both our boys today!  Thank you to Ms. O'Dell and  Trish.  Also-thanks
to all for all the congrats today and nice  comments.  It was a wonderful day
for u
s!!

Dara and  Andrew Conklin

End of  showgsd-l Digest V5  #736