  • From: FBoese@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 18:14:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Betsy...Checking this girls anal sacs may also be in order as full or
impacted sacs could be a cause, and as someone else suggested just the bite
of one flea can cause a hair loss issue..... Just some additional
suggestions...FloB

Flo Boese
Bo-Hem Shepherds

In a message dated 8/21/2011 4:04:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

In a message  dated 8/21/2011 2:31:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
betsy1r@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  writes:

Hi. I  have a question. My son's dog is losing her hair  above the tail
and some  on her back leg. She is a house dog and he  says he has never
seen her bite  at herself...skin underneath is  smooth, no sore or breaks
in the  skin.  She has no fleas. She  was trimmed for summer and had a
bath at  the groomers. (almost 3  months ago).  I couldn't come up with
any  real answer for him,  except to give her a bath using medicated dog
shampoo  and to make  sure she is rinsed thoroughly.  Make the groomer
didn't  get  Shema rise good enough?

Any suggestions would be very   helpful.

Thanks,

Betsy