  • From: Denise Puglisi <kenpuglisi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 12:12:01 -0500

Taking back dogs..........I have only bred 4 or 5 litters in about 15
years.  I used to make people sign a contract and agree to contact me if
there was any kind of problems.  Take a guess how many people called
me........ONE after the dog was about a year and a half old, had already bit
the son in the face causing the need for stitches.  I met with the people,
dog seemed fine........I was sitting on my haunches talking to the owner
with a "cookie" in my outstretched hand.  Not even looking at dog so no
threat...........The dog tried to take my face off.  I could not take that
dog back and put it in my kennel, I had a grandson and many neighbor kids
here.  *The risk to others outweighed all else*.  I told the people to put
the dog dowm at their expense.  I have since change my ideas of what these
dogs need or not, before they have the right to be bred and yes it is a
"right" not just something to recoup losses.
Sorry but life gets in the way sometimes.  I have a six run kennel and can
take back any dog that I have ever bred and would do so, unless there is a
risk to humans.

Denise Puglisi