  • From: Tindrock1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 19:23:55 EDT

Kudos to you, Joe.  Your email should be framed and the  Board take heed!
We are entitled to a full accounting of the Club's  finances.  What is going
on?  The National is the biggest expenditure  for sure, and all we get is
here say about how much we are saving to have it at  one place vs another
place and we don't get any real figures.   Nothing.  Nada.  I am hoping that a
new Board will get this Club  running like a business---the way it should be
run!  I pray we get out of  this darkness and make solid plans for the
future and I'm optimistic that we  can!   Cheryl Olson

On Aug 15, 2010, at 12:29 PM, horizonholdings@xxxxxxx  wrote:

Ann, sorry for the delayed response but I am just catching up  on mail.

As easy as it would be for me to say just keep the national  in
Lexington I am not able with the information I have.   At  the last
board meeting we were told the club has lost significant  money but not
how much.   We were told the  Topeka site  was so much cheaper, but not
how much, and that they were practically  paying us to go there.
Later we were told that the rates were  dependent on us returning to
the site at a future date but still not  how much.   If the Club is in
financial distress and the  Topeka site would bring in significantly
more funds then the members  need to know this and I am sure most would
be willing to sacrifice and  go to the new location.   The problem is
we do not know the  financial situation of the Club.   At the meeting
there were  no financial reports available, no check register reports,
no monthly  statements, no running balance of funds, no accounting of
any  kind.   What was presented were questions with no answers.    Do we
have a credit card, is it a
credit or debit card, who is in  possession of the card.   Who is
authorized to sign checks,  do we need two signatures, who has signed
in the past.   No  corporation can function properly without financial
information and in  this digital age this information is available
almost instantly and  yet we are taking years to get audits done.
There is no way  Board Members can make the right decisions for the
club without the  proper financial information and this information is
simply not  available.
We as a club must insist that the arguments about the Club's  finances
end and that a true and accurate accounting be available to  every
Board Member at every meeting.   These reports must  include a current
check register report, a running balance of funds  and a comparison of
money spent to the projected budget.    Any quality accounting program
can produce these reports within  minutes and there should be no reason
not to have them at the  meetings.
To answer your question, if the Club could afford to keep the show  in
Lexington I would be in favor of this site.

Joe  Beccia