  • From: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 16:24:28 EST

In a message dated 12/19/2006 12:28:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> ------------------------------
>
> Msg: #2 in digest
> From: "Sally" <sally@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: interesting
> Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 14:26:10 -0600
>
> I think this is very interesting as I feel it is just the opposite. I think
> years ago it was much easier on owners. Most of the handlers had day jobs
> and only handled on the weekends. They did not breed them self's, and
> either keep or sell to clients and then handle the dogs they sold, I do not
> remember it almost being a requirement that the dog live with the handler.
> I remember conditioning, grooming and doubling my own dog and not just
> sending a check
> sally
>

> Sally
> www.embroiderybysally.com (new)

 SALLY:  THAT IS HOW I REMEMBER IT!!!

  PLUS ONE COULD NOT HANDLE PROFESSIONALLY A CLIENT'S DOG AND EXHIBIT  OR
ALLOW A FAMILY MEMBER TO EXHIBIT ONE OF YOUR OWN DOGS IN COMPETITION WITH THE
CLIENT'S DOG...ABSOLUTELY NOT ALLOWED...

 I JUDGED QUITE A FEW AFTERNOONS AND  IT WAS NOT ALLOWED FOR A HANDLER TO
CALL A DOG BY NAME OR TO TELL A JUDGE ANY OF THE DOG'S PAST WINS, 'COULD FINISH
TODAY', ..ETC.   JUDGES COULD AND DID WRITE UP AND TURN IN HANDLERS WHO  TRIED
TO INTIMIDATE THE JUDGES WITH SUCH REMARKS...WHETHER IT WAS DIRECTED AT THE
JUDGE, OR SOME UNSEEN PERSON, ETC...

  PLUS...THE BEST DOG, IN THE JUDGE'S OPINION, ON THAT DAY, WENT  BOW..
.BE  IT THE DOG OR BITCH AND REGARDLESS OF THE FACT WHETHER IT WAS OR WASN'T
A MAJOR FOR ONE OR THE OTHER..
 I ONCE HAD MY RING STEWARD TELL ME, ' JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW, 'IT IS A 5 PT.
MAJOR  IN DOGS, BUT ONLY A 3 PT. MAJOR IN BITCHES...
  ' I RESPONDED, 'THAT I WAS NOT INTERESTED. I WAS THERE TO PUT UP THE BEST
OF THE TWO AND THAT WAS IT..'   AND I DID AND IT WAS THE  DOG... WHO ALSO WENT
ON , AND DESERVEDLY SO, TO BOB OVER SPECIALS...
BUT MUCH HAS CHANGED AND MUCH HAS BEEN LOST AND MUCH INTEREST IN THE
POSSIBILITY OF EXHIBITING AND WINNING  ON A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD...LOST .
PERSONALLY,
I BLAME MUCH OF IT ON THE AKC, FOR  DROPPING  THE BALL AND NOT  ENFORCING
THEIR  OWN  POSITIVE RULES AND REGS...JMO BARB WILLIAMS