  • From: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 13:54:41 EST

Msg: #10 in digest
From: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 19:05:12 EST
Subject: Re: sllowing it down...

In a message dated 12/7/2006 12:53:51 PM Central Standard Time,
pruett@xxxxxxxxx writes:
If the practice of racing around the ring no longer "paid off" - in
other words, if our judges stopped rewarding a performance that is
impossible to evaluate properly - then dogs would no long be trained and
conditioned to behave that way. This dogs are smart - they'll do what
we train them to do.
How true Laurie...what really bugs me are the judges that preach a loose
lead...and dont enforce it... Or the judges that "try" to enforce a loose
lead
and then give the points to the dog and handler racing the fastest...really
gets
tiring to see this. There are only a handful of judges (IMHO) that enforce
or even "ask" for the loose lead. If certain handlers are at a show it
automatically becomes a who goes the fastest wins!
Patty Szymczak

------------------------------

Msg: #11 in digest
From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 19:22:39 EST

In a message dated 12/7/2006 4:06:30 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx writes:

Or the judges that "try" to enforce a loose lead
and then give the points to the dog and handler racing the fastest

Or worst of all a judge that "insists" on a loose lead....except with the
dog/handler that wins, who refuses to give loose lead, and wins even
stringing
up the dogs.....aaaack.

Kathy Tank

Victory....There's Something in a Name

WEBSITE UPDATED: Nov 16, 2006
_Victory German Shepherds_

 I HAVE  MENTIONED THIS BEFORE, BUT I WILL AGAIN FOR THOSE WHO MISSED IT...AS
  THIS DISCUSSION  BACK SOME  FOND MEMORIES!!
 I RECALL WHEN  VIRGINIA  VAUGHN WAS JUDGING THE LOS ANGELES SPECIALTY IN
1964, OR 65...AND A CERTAIN YOUNG  MAN HAD A BITCH  IN  THE  HUGE OPEN
CLASS...HE
KEPT RUNNING VERY FAST AND GOING TO THE OUTSIDE OF THE OTHER SHEPHERDS,
ETC... GIN TOLD HIM TO 'SLOW IT DOWN'... HE KEPT RUNNING.
  SHE HELD UP HER HAND AND STOPPED THE CLASS... SHE THEN ANNOUNCED TO ALL IN
THE RING AND RINGSIDE..' LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE A YOUNG MAN HERE WHO
WANTS TO RUN... I HAVE TO GO TO THE RESTROOM. I WILL BE GONE AWHILE... NOW I
WANT THIS YOUNG MAN TO KEEP RUNNING THE ENTIRE TIME I AM GONE...WHEN I RETURN,
HE
MAY BE TIRED ENOUGH TO FOLLOW MY ORDERS.'
  SHE TURNED AND LEFT THE RING... HE STOOD THERE A MINUTE...SHE TOLD EVERYONE
TO REST AND RELAX, AND SHE TOLD HIM ..'START RUNNING!'   SHE LEFT THE RING
WITHOUT A BACKWARD GLANCE...

HE DID START RUNNING THE LARGE RING, AND THE RINGSIDE WENT WILD  LAUGHING AND
 CLAPPING AND YELLING...AND WE ALL HAD A  GREAT TIME WATCHING THE YOUNG MAN
GOING RAPIDLY AROUND IN CIRCLES ALL BY HIMSELF WITH HIS SHEPHERD OUT IN
FRONT... ABOUT  20 MINUTES LATER, WHEN GIN GOT BACK...SHE ASKED HIM, 'ARE YOU
READY
YET TO FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS?'
HE  QUIETLY SAID 'YES'...
 SHE TOLD HIM TO GET BACK IN LINE, AND HE DID... AND SHE STARTED THE CLASS
AGAIN... I NEVER FORGOT THAT , AND ALL OF US WHO KNEW GIN KNEW YOU DIDN';T PUSH
HER ONE BIT... AND WE ALL BELIEVED SHE CAME UP WITH THE PERFECT ANSWER.....
THAT  FEMALE BECAME THE   GRAND  VICTRIX IN 1965.. CH. MAR-SA'S VELVET OF
MALABAR..NOTED FOR HER  OUTSTANDING MOVEMENT AND WILL TO GO.....THE YOUNG MAN
WAS
SAM STALL.. A GREAT GUY!!! NOW,  AS PAUL HARVEY WOULD SAY, 'YOU KNOW THE REST
OF THE STORY....  . BARB WILLIAMS