  • From: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 21:21:35 EST

In a message dated 11/22/2006 2:52:11 PM Pacific Standard Time, Showgsd-
Msg: #1 in digest
From: "Donna" <onaluzlead@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: it's a dog show - not a horse race....
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 17:14:00 -0500

Ok agreeing with most of what is being said...here is another idea, to go
with so many of these comments. In watching the videos from the Futurities
and then the Nationals, I kept wondering...I wonder if the judge when they
watch this, see's it differently. I questioned that did they think they saw
this or that, on that day because of the way the dog was presented and then
did they think they Didn't see this or that...so in wondering that...I
wonder if the judge agree'd to it...would they want like in most
professional sports, instant replay. When watching some dogs, you think wow
look at that shoulder, and then you slow it down and realize, hmmm not what
I thought. Then you look at some rears that appear to be correct, when in
fact most of these dogs running in your backyard loose with no lead and no
speed would create a total different picture. Most of the time the speed

gives the appearance of the shoulder looking better because the rear is
driving so hard and it appears that the shoulder is throwing itself out
there...then you also realize we focuses so much on follow through that some
are kicking up so high we look like a different breed. What happened to
close to the ground covering gait? So, back to the point, what about instant
replay? There are 2 video camera's going at a National. Most Futurities have
one...but the idea would help enable the judge to see things as they really
are and not as we make them think they are seeing. (This of course is the
breeder in me speaking, the handler is in another room getting ready to
leave for Thanksgiving)...haha So, any idea's or input? I am just curious...
Again Happy Thanksgiving to all...and when you watch the dog show tomorrow,
you will see Leslie with Tiki, in the group...she went....ahhhh I will let
you see it and not tell.
Donna
Aramist Kennels aka THE GIRLZ
Home of many CH. Sel. Ex's, GVX, ROM's and wonderful pets too...
www.girlzofaramist.com

 Hi Donna:

                If you know what you are looking at and REALLY KNOW IT>>>>>>>>
KNOW IT....You SEE IT  !!!!!!!!!   FIRST TIME AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!  JMO Barb W.