  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx, tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 13:57:34 EDT

I like Suzanne's idea for a commercial, too, LOL!  I also agree  with
Barb that AKC needs to promote their registry as the choice
among serious breeders.  But they also need to change their long
time policy of registering everything from registered stock,  regardless
of quality or health.  There are backyard litters that obviously  had
some long-ago late night visitors bred in, and barely resemble the
breed they are supposed to be.  I realize that not every litter  can
be checked, but if these are reported and looked into, perhaps
future registrations on those lines should be revoked.  Same as
dogs passing high percentages of serious health problems.
Most responsible breeders rule those out on our own, but puppy
mills continue to produce and sell these to unsuspecting
buyers as long as the poor dam can still 'pop them out'!
Same for backyard breeders - they don't put any guarantee on
their puppies.

Janice

In a message dated 10/9/2006 11:44:47 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx writes:
SUZANNE:  EXCELLENT IDEA FOR A WESTMINSTER COMMERCIAL..  !!!

In my  personal opinion,  for what it is worth, one of  the  AKC'S  biggest
problems  and most miserable failure,  has always been that they have never
spent the money to educate the  public on the different registeries out there
and
actually explain, to the  Public via Pet Shop and Newspaper and Magazine and
TV
ads, etc...   why AKC is the  Registry  of choice among Serious  Breeders...
I think they depended on the Serious breeders to handle  all of that for
them, when they should have been advertising the Serious  breeder and
Ballyhooing
loud and clear the ADVANTAGES of    purchasing an AKC REGISTERED  DOG from a
RESPONSIBLE BREEDER  and  the AKC SHOULD  HAVE BEEN CONDEMNING  the PUPPY
MILLS!!!
But they  were straddling a  barbwire  fence trying to gain advantage all the
way around...and Make  MONEY!!!  ...
I personally, believe that it  has come back to  bite them in the behind,
with this Petland/Hunte deal...JMO barb  Williams