  • From: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 19:42:11 EDT

Good, Barb - and not the first time separate registries have been
suggested. Not even the first time today!!!
It was suggested during the biggest part of the fight against
PAWS..."stop registering with the AKC, stop showing" and the like.
However, someone in Lakeland Terriers
has suggested now that every Parent Club start its own registry...and
start publicizing "dual registered" dogs...make the AKC registration by
itself something less than wonderful...............I've now heard this
all day long from different people in various breeds.

By the way...did I already say that the Brave, stand alone, Board
Member was Patty Haines?
Peggy

Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx wrote:

>PEGGY: MAKES ME SICK TOO....But actually the Writing has been on the Wall
>for a looong time.. All past five years or so, of the AKC'S SERIOUS
>concern with Registrations DROPPING, which is their BIG Money Maker, and all

>those Registered Ones , who are bred PRODUCE MORE REGISTERABLE ONES< to
>continually fill their Coffers!!!
>So when the Serious Show Breeders didn't produce enough Product the AKC
>took their Business elsewhere.. Kinda reminds me of the phrase of " Ross
P.'s
>' "That loud sucking noise you hear is our jobs being siphoned off and sent
>out of this Country.'
>Well, the "Loud SUCKING Noise we hear now, "is our Puppy Sales being
>siphoned off to Puppy Mills who put out an inferior proudct more cheaply by
cutting
>back on the way they are bred/raised and Sold...
>We all know the AKC has never been involved with tender feelings about
>Canines. Some of their Highest Ranking Officials never owned a dog or were
>involved in the Pure-Bred Sport of Breeding and Exhibiting.. They were
Business
>People with a Eye and Heart on making Big Bucks for their Companies...
>
>So we shouldn't be surprised that all this Hunte Crap etc. is coming our
>way.
>DOOOO we really need the AKC?? Let us all stop and put our heads together
>and think about that one.
>What do they actually do for us???
>They register our Pure-Breds...
>In this age of Computers and Databases, etc.. the GSDCA could possibly set
>that up for Our GS'S and other Breed Clubs could do the same...
>That leaves Dog Shows... The AKC doesn't bring ring-ropes, tents, nor do
>they provide Insurance, etc... The Regional Hosting Clubs do that...
>What do they give us that we can't duplicate as well or better without
>them??? Maybe we should turn that 'Loud Sucking Noise' their way!!! JMO Barb

>Williams

 TO ALL:  WE SHOULD ALL GIVE PATTY HAINES A STANDING OVATION AND RECOGNITION
FOR HAVING THE COURAGE TO STAND ALONE!!!
 I WOULD ENJOY HAVING HER AS A FRIEND!!!   WHICH IS HER BREED?? BARB WILLIAMS