  • From: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx
  • To: RFREENY@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 13:55:41 EDT

You are right Barb about the town of Yoncalla,BUT!! VERY WRONG ABOUT ARDYCE
BEING MIKE'S BREEDER. I bought Mike's mother ( Collette) at 7 months from a
co-worker for $45.00. Located Ardyce Shively 6 months later and made a deal
with
her to breed Colette to Mr. America. Ardyce got pick of the litter. She took a
bitch from that breeding for the stud service. I did not have a kennel name
at the time,so Ardyce offered to let me regester Mike with her kennel name.
---Bob Freeny

Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx wrote:

 Sorry  about that!!!!!!!!!!!  I  had Yoncalla and Ardyce  in mind and  of
course, I know you were the Breeder of Mike!!!  DUH!!!!  on my part!! LOL!!!
I  guess I was thinking of Mike's Sire.".Yoncalla's Mr. America"  as being
bred  and owned by Ardyce.. and  of course I recall, Mike's Dam, Collette too!!
She was from Von Schrief..lines..as  was My Ch. Santana's Man O' War ROM  was
also... thru  Ch. Von Schrief's Portrait ROM... and I remember   Mike's
brother also, Ch. Winterzeit's Big Boy?? Right??
 Those Dam's  lines went back to the Great 'BIG IMP'  Ch. Arno of Bervic!!!!
Ruth Schriefer's Pride and Joy.and her Belgard's Roguetta  ROM by Ronnie of
Mi-Noah's  who was killed early in his life, in a cyclone that truck the
kennels  that were in the Barn on Noah Bloomer's ( Mi-Noah Shepherds)
property.and
with the loss of Ronnie, the  OUTSTANDING young Son of his Grand Victor Ch.
Alert of Mi-Noahs ROM, that took the heart out of Noah, as I was told and ended
his  Shepherd breeding for all practical purposes.. .. That was a trip down
Memory Lane!!!
 I wish we had those Shepherds today!!!
I think the bloodlines clearly  illustrate and bring up the subject of  the
INVALUABLE  DAM LINES that are so often overlooked  and go unheralded in ads
etc.. granting most of the  attention to the Sires...Makes us all take a look
back and think about how it all came to pass..Best!! barb