  • From: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 19:52:31 EDT

In a message dated 7/22/2006 4:11:04 PM Pacific Standard Time, Showgsd-
Msg: #9 in digest
From: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 18:42:41 EDT
Subject: Re: Review Editor position

In a message dated 7/22/2006 6:34:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
*The content of the Review is less. Perhaps people are unwilling to
submit very much until the difficulties are cleared. Susan has made
great strides in this direction, IMO. When things are settled, I am sure
the content will increase. The ads in the July Review are gorgeous!!
Very classy. Of course all who apply should be considered, and
particular attention paid to their experience in editing and
publishing. Doris E*

I am sure that as Susan gains experience on the job and the GSD fancy gains
confidence in the timeliness of it more will be added and she will handle it
just fine.
Fred Migliore

------------------------------

Msg: #10 in digest
From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 18:48:00 EDT

In a message dated 7/22/2006 3:34:26 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
*The content of the Review is less. Perhaps people are unwilling to
submit very much until the difficulties are cleared. Su>>>>>

I think as a member and a person who tries to put ads in when money allows,
and let's face it the Review isn't cheap, lol.. that yes the delay was the
crux of the lack of content. With the two month lead time, then the , at that

time, enormous delay in delivery, it was not worth the effort. Susan has
done a Herculean job of turning this thing around, I am , as a member so
grateful for her work.

It would be a shame for her to have put so much into getting this
publication back on track, or within a hair's breadth, and then to lose her
post as
(interim) Editor. Susan I will say, has always been on top of emails, calls,
and personalized service, regardless of the complexity of the question or the

silliness, lol. I appreciate her attention to detail, and her hard work.
Whatever the outcome, I wish Susan the very best. She deserves praise for
her job and dedication.

Kathy Tank one very appreciative member and advertiser.

_www.Victory_ (http:www.Victory) germanshepherds.com

  I have worked for the Review as a Monthly Columnist in the past  with
Gail... She was then and will always be the one who turned the Review around!!!

Gail was and IS Great!!! .She came on Board when lots of problems were  facing
the EDITOR  and she did TERRIFIC...ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIC!!!
 Nothing,  not time or anything  else, can ever take that away !!!
  Now we have Susan Casey who took over to help Gail and she is doing a
Fantastic Job..under very difficult circumstances...She totally   respects Gail

and thinks Gail is the Greatest!!!  She truly Admires the Job Gail has done for
the Review... That means a lot to me...personally.. as I share that opinion...

 Susan  shares many of the  Great Qualities  that  Gail has, , a real true
Love of the Breed, plus a FLAIR for Publishing and a Heartfelt Desire and
Passion to do it Extremely Well!!!
  I am not going to change Horses in the Middle of the Stream..looking for
another Editor..I am perfectly happy and satisfied with Susan who is  a very
warm and caring, VERY TALENTED  Person, much like Gail ,also ,in  that
respect,
who is willing to Listen and Help and do their BEST!    JMO Barb Williams